Enrol in an early learning service

Some services allow children to enrol at any time, others have a waiting list.

Plan ahead and start thinking early about a service that’s right for your family.

To enrol, you may be asked to provide:

  • proof of date of birth: birth-certificate or visa
  • your child’s full name and address
  • details about the child’s parents, carers or guardians
  • details of any court orders, parenting orders or parenting plans
  • details of any special considerations; for example,  cultural or religious considerations, dietary requirements, health needs or other needs
  • details of your child’s cultural background, language spoken at home
  • health and immunisation status
  • details of the people allowed to pick up your child and who to notify in an emergency
  • any Australian Government Health Care Card, Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card, or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or White Card
  • Centrelink status and Customer Reference Number (CRN) for your child if you are claiming the Child Care Subsidy.

If you have any difficulties providing this information, discuss this with your local service.

Published — 11 April 2019 Last updated — 11 April 2019

Want personalised tips and activities?

Complete these short questions to get personalised tips and activities to see how simple and easy it can be.

Get started
01 / 05

What is your relationship with the child?


What best describes your location?


If you had a spare moment, what would you most likely do with the child?


And finally…

Do you speak another language at home apart from English?
Are you of Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander descent?
Does the child need additional support with their development or learning?
Now we know a little more about the content that might interest you we’ve compiled it into a handy page for you.