Making sandwiches fun
Mix up sandwiches with fresh ingredients
- ham, avocado, grated carrot and pineapple
- lean roast meat, chutney, lettuce and tomato
- tinned salmon, reduced-fat cream cheese, shallots, lettuce and grated carrot
- chicken, grated apple and celery and reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- mashed banana with thinly sliced dates or sultanas
Twist a sandwich into a sushi roll
- Flatten two slices of wholemeal bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Spread each slice with reduced-fat cream cheese or a similar spread, such as avocado, hummus or reduced-fat mayonnaise.
- Select your fillings and place at the bottom of each slice:
- sweet chilli chicken – reduced-fat cream cheese, sweet chilli sauce, cucumber, carrot and chicken
- tuna and salad reduced-fat cream cheese, canned tuna, corn, avocado, carrot, cucumber
- Mediterranean hummus, baby spinach leaves, lean roast meat or ham and capsicum.
- Roll up the bread, pressing gently to seal, then cut each roll in half.
- Serve with chopsticks for a bit of fun.