How to enrol in kindy
Some services will have wait lists, so it’s a good idea to plan ahead to secure a place for your child.
What will I need when I enrol my child?
- your child’s birth certificate
- your child’s health and immunisation status
- details of any court orders, or parenting orders or plans
- details of any special requirements (disability, food allergies or other needs)
- details of people allowed to pick up your child, and
- who to contact in an emergency
I don’t have my child’s birth certificate, what do I do?
Don’t panic, if you don’t have your child’s birth certificate you can order it online, or visit your nearest courthouse or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) office. Visit www.qld.gov.au/birthcertificate to find out more.
Your little one can start kindy in the year they turn 4 by 30 June — the year before they start school.
Find out when your child can start kindy by entering their birthday into our kindy calculator.
For further information call the Queensland Government between business hours on 13QGOV or visit www.qld.gov.au/kindy
For more information in a language other than English, phone 13QGOV and ask for an interpreter.
There may be people in your community who can support you enrol your child in kindy to give them a great start in life. Talk to your local kindy or Early Years Place to find out more.