Playing with school-aged grandchildren
When playing with your grandchild, you don’t need to have expensive toys. Using homemade toys or household objects is a great way to play and encourage creativity.
Ideas for play with school-aged grandchildren
- Dress-ups and make-believe.
- Talk about school or their interests.
- Make your own books (you could share some stories from when you were a child).
- Outdoor obstacle courses (you can join in or referee).
- Explore outdoors and gardening.
- Draw or paint.
Read more about quality time with grandparents.